grad3Friday 16th December, 2016 was a special day for over 3100 MMUST graduands when they were conferred degrees at the Main Campus, Kakamega in a colourful ceremony presided over by Chancellor of the University H.E Hon. Mwai Kibaki.

The Chancellor urged the graduates to use their skills for the benefit of mankind and further noted, “ I am happy that the University is expanding its academic programmes and is spreading to the greater North-Western Region in Turkana County.”The Cabinet Secretary Dr Fred Matiang’i in his speech read by Mr David Watene from the Ministry of Education while focusing on the academic fraternity at the University, observed that as scholars, they should be effective disseminators of new forms of knowledge which should impact positively on society. “It is my sincere hope that the new researches being carried at MMUST and in our other Universities go towards giving us new ways of solving the diverse problems affecting our people and uplifting their standards,” he said.

H.E Hon. Mwai Kibaki, urged the graduands of the 11th graduation to be the country’s change agents in every aspect of life. He noted that the change expected of the graduands could lead to greater socio-economic prosperity. “In this regard, we all have a duty to take personal stands and choices. For instance, we must resolve to take better care of our environment as well the resources at our disposal wisely. That way we shall create more wealth through sustainable development options,” he said. 

On his part, the Chair of Council Dr. David Nyamwaya wished thegraduands prosperity and reminded them of one core value: to be great ambassadors of their Alma Mater. He specifically welcomed the graduands back to help build their great University - the University of Choice.

Vice Chancellor, Prof. Fredrick Otieno on the other hand, congratulated the graduands for realizing their goal of earning a deserved qualification from MMUST. He said, “As you go out into the world, we appeal to you to represent the interests and values of MMUST with resolve and commitment.”

P. O. BOX 190-50100, Kakamega

Phone no: +254 72505222/72505223

email: info@mmust.ac.ke.

All Rights Reserved. ...ISO 9001:2008 Certified.

Copyright © 2017.